Date: April 30, 2020
Role summary -
- Manage Operations team deliverables of the HQ.
- You will be making a variety of decisions, some complex in nature, with concern for impact on others, but predominantly affecting own area of control.
- You will provide and expedite workable solutions to business issues / problems with minimum referral to senior management.
- You will operate independently frequently in defined-business objectives and goals.
- You will perform complex tasks and participate in complex cross-area / function activities.
- You will handle work planning, estimation and prioritisation to optimise performance of resources.
- You will apply advanced analytical skills in assessing concepts/ principles and alternative solutions.
- You will manage effective internal/external client relationships within your own area of responsibility, while building client relationships\ in the wider group or unit.
- You will drive process improvements to make processes efficient.
Responsibilities / Authorities -
- Manage teams totalling 100+ people or more.
- Ensure your team members operate under fair conditions in alignment with the company’s vision and mission.
- Ensure timely availability of management reports for periodical review.
- Produce, implement, and review training plans for the team.
- Review internal controls and ensure compliance with the requirements of your senior management.
- Put in place a backup plan for all processes handled.
- Manage appraisals and development of your team members.
- Ensure updated documentation are available for all processes.
- Organise quarterly training and retraining of the members under your pipeline.
- Identify areas for process improvement and implement improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that team members and team leaders maintain high morale.
Basic qualifications -
- Relevant technical skills and intermediate to advanced knowledge on agricultural practices
- Flexible and willingness to work all shift hours
- Possesses good analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Largely driven by self-initiative
- Ability to perform in challenging situations
- Manage new transitions
- Manage large teams
Experience requirements -
• Minimum of 7+ years relevant experience in the operations department
Qualification requirements -
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in any field, preferably agricultural
You will also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs to help all of our employees acquire updated skills faster. You will learn both on the job and through formal training conducted online, on site, or in collaboration with our organisational partners. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide a limitless platform from which to build a meaningful career.
Seri Merbok welcomes applications from all Malaysian citizens and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or any other basis as protected by applicable law.